Name of the Parish: Kilole
Address: P.O. Box 5, Korogwe, Tanzania
Phone: +255784304153/ +255654832840
Parish Patron: Virgin Mary of Victory
Priest In-Charge (Pastor): Rev. Fr. Joseph Sekija
Assisting Priest(s): Rev. Fr. Patrick Mngano
Religious Sisters: Congregation of Our Lady of Usambara (COLU)
Sundays: 6:00AM, 8:00AM, & 4:00PM (Children)
Kilole, Ngombezi, Kwamsala, Mavuluni, Kwashemshi, Mahenge, Lwengera, Magunga Cheke, Mvuleni, Kwamdulu A, Kwamdulu B, Kwakombo, Lujela, Mandera, Maili Kumi, Kwamaligo, Mwananyamala & Old Korogwe
Huruma ya Mungu Sisters, P.O.Box 5, Korogwe, Tanzania.
Generalate Sisters of Our Lady of Usambara (COLU) Kwamndolwa Convent
P.O. Box 280, Korogwe, Tanzania. Phone: +255-272640726 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Usambara Girls Secondary School, P.O. Box 517, Korogwe, Tanzania.
COLU Postulancy and Candidacy at Uzunguni, P.O. Box 280, Korogwe, Tanzania
Chaplaincy at Kwamndolwa Convent, P.O.Box 280, Korogwe, Tanzania.
PARISH PHOTO GALARY:
Virgin Mary of Victory: the patroness of our parish, pray for our parish
Ngombezi, Kwamsala, Mavuluni, Kwashemshi, Mahenje, Lwengera, Magunga Cheki, Mvuleni, Kwamdulu A, Kwamdulu B, Kwakombo, Lujela, Mandera, Maili Kumi, Kwamaligo, Mwananyamala and Old Korogwe
Kilole parish started back in 1936. It is located in the town of Korogwe about a quarter of a mile from the Tanga-Moshi highway. The parish is the fourth and the last parish to be started by the Holy Ghost Father missionaries in the Diocese of Tanga. In 1948, Fr. Benedict Forsyth, I.C. became the first Rosminian priest to reside and work at Kilole Parish. The Kilole Parish like other early parishes in Tanga covered a big territory. It had about 50 outstations spreading out in many sisal and tea plantations surrounding the parish. At one point it extended itself all the ways to Mombo and Mazinde in the west and all the way to Potwe. When Mazinde and Potwe became parishes of their own, Kilole Parish remained with outstations ranging from Mswaha, Magoma, Mashewa, Kwashemshi, Dindira, Magunga Cheke, to Ambangulu. The Rosminian Fathers served this parish until in 1976 when they handed it back to the diocese. At that time the bishop appointed Rev. Fr. Odilo Mtoi as the first diocesan priest to head this parish.
The geographical vastness of the Kilole Parish as well as the increasing of the population in this area led to the emergence of Magoma and Manundu parishes in later years.
At Kilole parish, sisters from the Congregation of Our Lady of Usambara (COLU) are part of the parish staff. They teach religious education classes in the local primary schools and also help with so many vital ministries in the parish.
The diocesan administration has designated Kilole Parish as one of the diocesan pilgrimage centers. The place has also been designated as the diocesan priest cemetery.
The native priests from Kilole Parish are: Severine Msemwa (1975), Severine Yagaza (1986), Nemes Kiama (1999) and Gerard Kaberega (2000).